Duke's new arts center is "a beautiful, beautiful building" that gives her students the facilities and central gathering place they've long needed, says ADF dean Leah Cox.
Join Team Ruby!
The Ruby is supported by its full-time staff, part-time graduate assistants, CASTs (Creative Arts Student Teams), and undergraduate work-study students, with ancillary support from the University Center Activities and Events office and Trinity College of Arts and Sciences.
In addition to the open positions below, we regularly hire work-study students. If you are interested in future opportunities at the Ruby—especially if you are a work-study-eligible Duke student—reach out to us at email@example.com.
Arts Administration Fellow
This position is limited to recent Duke graduates and may be renewed for one additional year.
This arts administration fellow will provide a variety of program support for Duke Arts and Rubenstein Arts Center initiatives, including managing logistics and day-of needs for occurring Ruby programs and DEMAN (Duke Entertainment, Media & Arts Network) events. The arts administration fellow will also provide communications support, including securing information from presenters to aid in program promotion and assisting with regular social media updates for Duke Arts-affiliated accounts. General office duties and daily arts center opening tasks will also be required. The position is part of a small, collaborative team and reports to the Director for Arts Engagement and Partnerships and the Arts Communications Specialist. (Posted on 7/31/2018.)
Rubenstein Arts Center Programs Support (40%):
- Complete daily opening tasks for the Rubenstein Arts Center, including opening the gallery, setting up promotional signs, and maintaining rack cards.
- Manage Ruby Tuesdays, the weekly complimentary coffee program, including placing orders and setting up/taking down coffee cart.
- Assist in facilitating the Ruby Fridays arts lunch talk series, including managing the budget, communicating with speakers, assisting with room set-up, ordering food, etc.
- Provide miscellaneous logistics support for visiting artists at the Rubenstein Arts Center.
DEMAN Programs Support (40%):
- Assist the Director of Arts Engagement with Duke Arts outreach programming across campus, including Artstigators, Media-ville, StudioDuke, Mural Durham and more.
- Assist in facilitating DEMAN & Donuts and Guac & Talks evening meet-ups for students and creative professionals, including booking guests and locations, as well as coordinating events.
- Support the annual DEMAN Arts & Media Weekend by helping to coordinate alumni sessions, alumni outreach and other logistics.
Duke Arts Communications Support (20%):
- Working with the Arts Communications Specialist and Creative Arts Student Team members (CASTs), manage regular social media updates on all Duke Arts channels to promote events and support broader communications goals.
- Assist with securing relevant information from guest speakers, visiting artists, recipients of arts project residencies, and others to promote and document Duke Arts initiatives.
- Assist with program-related updates on artscenter.duke.edu.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Duke Jobs listing.