Engage with the Ruby
Collaborate with us!
The Rubenstein Arts Center puts the arts at the center of academic inquiry and campus life at Duke. The Ruby is an interdisciplinary and experimental hub for making art. Nothing is more central to its mission than collaboration. Whether you are an arts student or an engineering student, a faculty member, or a visiting artist, there are many ways you can engage with the Ruby:
- Attend a public performance, exhibit, or other program.
- Host an arts-related public performance, exhibit, or other program in the Ruby. (Priority is given to Duke departments, programs, and student organizations, but outside organizations may also inquire about arts-related event rentals. For general information about booking a Duke venue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Schedule a studio for their student organization rehearsal needs.
- Join our Creative Arts Student Teams (CASTs) for behind-the-scenes access and to support Ruby special events and visiting artists.
Students or faculty can:
- Create installations and exhibits in a Ruby multipurpose studio, either as an arts project team or an individual.
Are you a member of the Durham community with an idea for the arts center?
The Ruby team is very interested in exploring how best to collaborate with artists, makers, and other creatives working in Durham and beyond. If you have an idea for a local artist residency, exhibit, or other public-facing program, please email Ali Shumar at email@example.com.